Plan the ultimate Glamping Hen Party
Here at Kenton Hall Estate we love Glamping Hen Parties! So, here is your guide to planning the ultimate hen for your nearest and dearest. We offer our exclusive-use luxury Glamping site for hen parties, with accommodation featuring a Mongolian Yurt, Shepherd’s Hut and Lodge Tents. We can cater for smaller groups or larger groups of up to 25 hens. We really do have it all, yoga for healthy hens, camping for outdoor hens, delicious fare for foodie hens, flower-crown workshops for festival-loving hens and a campfire for all hens to cosy up round and toast a marshmallow or two! Here is your step-to-step planning guide full of advice and tips…
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION…
Once you have a rough idea of how many people can make your chosen date, it’s time to start researching locations and accommodation. Kenton Hall Estate is privately owned and family-run. The estate boasts a productive arable farm, Longhorn cattle herd, wedding venue, glamping site, and state-of-the-art cookery school. At Kenton Hall Estate, we extend the warmest of welcomes to friends and guests alike. Our aim is to always provide a wonderful experience, personal service, and special memories. The Glamping site is set in a 10-acre woodland and offered for exclusive-use hire for hen party weekends.
Our Glamping site offers luxurious accommodation and twin rooms perfect for large groups and hen parties! Here is a guide to our accommodation:
Sumptuous textures and rugs make this yurt truly cosy. Adjacent to a luxury shower room, the single large round traditional yurt has a king-sized bed and is furnished in a contemporary Mongolian style. Features: King-size bed | Fire-pit | Star-gazing skylight
Cosy, spacious and comfortable. Larger than a traditional Shepherd’s Hut there is space to sit back and relax by the stove. The Shepherd Hut is a single large room with a built-in king-sized bed, wood-burning stove, storage for clothes and a lovely veranda.
Features: King-size bed | Wood-burner | Love seat
Lodge tents are set alongside the moat. Each tent sleeps 2 in a spacious area. Enjoy camping with all your home comforts! Furnished to a high standard, full bedding is provided for single air beds along with towels. Features: Electric blankets | USB Charging points | Lanterns
LET THEM EAT CAKE…
Our glamping site has a self-catering kitchen, BBQ and dining area. We offer a range of food and catering options in our packages or you can cook yourself for the weekend! The best bit is that you can bring as much alcohol as you like with no additional charge. There’s plenty of freezer space for the ice…
We take the effort out of planning a hen party by organising it for you! Simply book a date and choose your package and activities, we’ll do the rest!
GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!
A hen party isn’t a hen party without some serious fun and games! Here are our top 10 activities to make your hen party one of a kind!
- GREAT SUFFOLK BAKE OFF! | Inspired by the Great British Bake Off this cookery competition is perfect for hens. A ‘technical’ challenge to create a cake in just 90 minutes with a basic recipe and ingredients provided. Once complete you will be required to present your cake on the gingham alter for judging. The best part is enjoying tea and cake in the garden at the end of the challenge!
- FLORAL HEAD CROWN WORKSHOP | Learn how to make a floral head crown. You will design your very own floral masterpieces from a selection of inspiring blooms.
- JIVE DANCING | Get all of your girls dancing with a fun vintage dance class. Learn some jive, swing or Lindy hop routines.
- LIFE DRAWING CLASS | Fun, relaxing and creative life drawing class. A charming experienced nude male life model and qualified instruction from an experienced teacher. No experience necessary
- MINI MANICURE/PEDICURE | Relax & pamper yourself with a choice of mini-beauty treatments. Enjoy an evening of indulgence with your girlfriends.
- SHOE DESIGN WORKSHOP | On this workshop you will each decorate a pair of trainers with jewels, buttons, ribbons, fabric pens and more! Then why not wear them at the wedding for the party!
- ARCHERY | Ever wanted to master the art of archery? This archery lesson is suitable for complete novices as well as skilled archers.
- GET YOUR CRAFT ON | Learn how to knit or crochet in this fun crafty club. Tea and biscuits supplied of course!
- CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING | Improve and show off your sniper skills as you take aim for the clay pigeons in the air. Once you get the hang of it – you’ll be absolutely hooked!
- SAUSAGE MAKING | You will learn the basics of sausages, flavour combinations and how to fill sausages. For a competitive edge, we run a competition to find the best sausage.
TOP TIPS FOR A FUN GLAMPING HEN WEEKEND…
Rain: Come prepared! You are glamping after all so make sure you come prepared for the British weather. Pack a raincoat, an umbrella, and some wellies. Make sure you tell your guests what to bring so that everyone is ready for any eventuality.
Clothing: Pack light layers, jumpers, and trousers in case it gets cold at night.
Torch: Don’t forget a torch for when it gets dark!
Essentials: We provide bedding, bed linen and towels, there are even USB sockets to charge your phones. But don’t forget your toothbrush!
Food and Drink: We have a Co-Op in Debenham, just 5 minutes drive away. You can also organise a supermarket food order to be delivered.