Terms and Conditions for Glamping & Glamping Hen Weekends
Terms and Conditions for the Hire of Kenton Hall Estate Glamping site. Elm Occasions is a limited company that runs Kenton Hall Estate Wedding Venue and Glamping site. Elm Occasions Ltd makes available for hire its facilities as detailed below. The Glamping site is situated at Kenton Hall, Kenton, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 6JU.
Definitions: The ‘company’ and ‘we’ means Elm Occasions Ltd. The ‘site’ refers to Kenton Hall Estate Glamping Site. The ‘client’ and ‘you’ mean the party who hires the site for a hen weekend.
1. Glamping site rental
- Included in the rental for the site is the following: Accommodation, shower-room facilities, WC’s.
- Use of and access to the woodland glamping site, kitchen hub area (equipment and facilities where permitted) and reasonable use of water.
- Wood for the fire pit and stoves can be purchased on site from our honesty shop.
- Activities must be chosen as a whole group.
- The company acts as an agent for companies and individuals running the activities on site.
- We do not allow groups to bring in any unauthorised external supplier or activity/service provider to the site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the levels of fitness required to participate in activities. It is your responsibility at time of booking, to provide the company with full details of any medical or physical problem or any disability from which a member of your group suffers and which may affect your arrangements.
- If in the companies reasonable opinion, your chosen package is not suitable for the medical or physical problem or disability, we reserve the right to refuse to accept the booking or the individual(s) concerned may not be able to participate in certain activities within the package. In this case the company shall not be liable for any losses or compensation arising.
- All dietary requirements need to be submitted in writing on the booking form.
- All descriptions of Menu items will be adhered to where possible, subject to availability. In the event that produce is not available a suitable alternative will be substituted.
- The company reserves the right to change any of the services or facilities described on the website before the confirmation of your booking. Should such a change occur, the company will contact you before you confirm.
5. Bookings and Payment
- 1 night bookings are only available on mid-week dates (Sunday – Thursday).
- Weekend dates (Friday and Saturday) require a 2 night minimum booking.
- Your booking is only confirmed once you have received a booking confirmation email.
- For hen parties, package options must be chosen by the group.
- We require the Group Contact to responsible for all payments on behalf of the group.
- On booking we require 50% package price balance per person to secure your booking. The final 50% balance is due 3 months prior to your arrival date along with a security/damage deposit of £15 per person, which is refunded within 5 working days of the departure date.
- We accept payment by cheque or direct transfer to our bank account.
- If the accommodation or associated equipment is left in an improper or damaged condition, you will be responsible for reasonable additional cleaning and/or replacement costs.
- Package and price descriptions, prices and booking conditions on are website are accurate at the time of printing and published in good faith. However, due to currency fluctuations and rising costs, we reserve the right to modify the price and itinerary. All prices are shown in sterling pounds, and payment must be made in sterling pounds.
6. Changes to Your Booking
- If, after confirmation of the booking, you would like to make changes to the booking, although we will always do our best, we are not obliged to satisfy these requests. Whether and to what extent these alterations will be accommodated is at our discretion.
- If you have to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Your deposit payment is non-refundable; any cancellation after booking will result in the forfeit of your deposit payment.
- If you cancel 3 months or more ahead of your arrival date, you will be liable for 50% of the total outstanding balance.
- If you cancel less than 3 months before your arrival date, you will be liable for the full amount of your outstanding balance.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, a cancellation will only be accepted in writing from the group contact.
- If you wish to cancel on behalf of one or only some of the group then the cancellation charges outlined above will apply pro rata but we may become entitled to cancel the event. Please note that our minimum booking is for 14 guests and if your numbers fall below this, you will be charged for this minimum number.
- No refunds will be made if you or any group members choose to leave your weekend early or choose, for whatever reason, not to participate in any of the events or activities on your itinerary.
- Please consider whether cancellation insurance may be appropriate for you.
- A woodland-based weekend inherently requires a degree of on-site flexibility. We cannot control the weather and therefore in extreme weather conditions we may need to change the planned itinerary. For safety reasons, due to extreme weather we reserve the right to cancel, or rebook a day or weekend, and if necessary alter the time of arrival and or departure. Therefore changes in planned itinerary may arise and will add to the uniqueness of the weekend. We also retain the right to cancel a booking due to unforeseen and prohibiting circumstances. In this eventuality a reimbursement of monies paid will take place and an alternative recommendation given.
- Check-in time is from 4pm on the day of arrival.
- Access is via the driveways on Kenton Hall Estate. There is a designated car park near the Glamping site. Access to the site is via a grass track.
- Cars are parked entirely at owner’s risk.
- On arrival, please read the Information in your accommodation.
- Please vacate the site by 11am on the day of departure and leave everything in a clean and tidy condition.
- On departure, please leave the keys in the door. Any lost or unreturned keys will be charged at £15 replacement cost.
- Sorry, no pets are allowed on our site.
- Fireworks, sky lanterns or sparklers are not permitted
- Day visitors may be permitted onto the site if organised with prior notice to your stay. They will need to check in and out upon arrival and departure of the site.
- Wood Burning Stoves have written instructions for use. Please read them carefully before operating the stove. Lit wood burning stoves are not to be left unattended at any time. Using the stove is at your own risk and we accept no liability for personal injury caused whilst operating a stove on site.
- Our Code of Conduct will apply to all persons while they are on our site. Failure by any person to comply with the Code of Conduct can lead to removal from the site without any refund being made.
11. Code of Conduct
- The site is a non-smoking site.
- Hirers of the site are responsible for ensuring that the noise levels of their party will not cause nuisance.
- You are requested to behave responsibly and keep fires small and manageable in the stoves, BBQs and the communal fire pit. The use of candles is not permitted.
- You are expected to wash, dry and return your own dishes, cutlery etc to their original storage place and put your waste into the appropriate waste bins.
- Litter shall not be dropped in the grounds; it must be disposed of in the waste bins.
12. Lost Property
- The company cannot accept responsibility for damage to, or the loss or theft of your personal property and effects.
- Lost property will be returned by post at your expense by request only.
- Any unclaimed property left behind will be kept until the end of the season.
13. Health and Safety Regulations
- When using the facilities of the site you must comply with Kenton Hall Estate’s health and safety policy.
- The company can accept no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of your stay.
- You and all members of your party are jointly and severally responsible for all loss, damage or injury which may arise, for the company or any third party, as a direct or an indirect consequence of your party’s stay.
- In respect of any injury or damage whatsoever to any property in so far as such injury or damage arises out of or in the course of or by reason of the occupation by the client of the venue, to the extent that the same is due to any act, omission or neglect of the client or its guests.
- Personal possessions are left at entirely at the clients own risk.
- We encourage you to talk to us if you have a complaint during the course of your stay, so that we can resolve it as soon as possible.
- Should you find you have any complaint during your stay, please notify us immediately and we will do all we can to rectify the problem. Please refer the matter to the glamping manager if you feel it necessary. Should you remain unsatisfied please notify us in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are familiar with our terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are covered by appropriate insurance.
- Camping can be dangerous. Although every care is taken in managing the various facilities, such as fire pits, wood burning stoves, camping gas stoves and moat, the company cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any misadventure associated with any activity.
- Access is strictly restricted on the Estate to the woodland glamping site. You may walk on marked footpaths.
- By completing a booking with company’s booking form you agree to observe our guidance and recommendations and take full responsibility for your own safety.
- By completing a booking with the company you and all members of your party are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.