Instagram Masterclass with Matt InwoodDate: 08/05/2019 Time: 10:00 AM
Matt Inwood at The Food Hub…
Matt Inwood is an experienced designer and art director who has worked with some of the most talented people in the food and publishing industries over the last fifteen years. From world-renowned chefs, such as Tom Kerridge, Jason Atherton and Philip Howard, to some of the most well-respected and talented food writers. Matt has worked with some of the world’s largest food brands, from MasterChef to Marmite, and with some of the best food photographers in the business, including David Loftus and Jean Cazals. For Matt, phone photography is a major strand of his work, which he produces for a number of different clients, especially for social media purposes. He is also passionate about the written word, and a good understanding of language goes hand in hand with intelligent design.
An Instagram workshop for foodies, bloggers and anyone who wants to up their Instagram game. This 4-hour workshop is for people who are perhaps new to Instagram or for those who are interested in using it much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote. There will be 2 main elements, to be followed by something to eat and drink.
1) A talk and presentation about phone photography and Instagram
- The power of Instagram and how to get the most from it
- Finding a style
- Suggestions for styling food for photography
- Taking good photographs with your phone
- Editing your images
2) A practical workshop to practice what’s just been discussed
- We’ll have a selection of ingredients and some of Matt’s favourite props with which to experiment and put some of the above ‘teachings’ into practice, to include styling, shooting, editing and publishing images
The course will run from 10.00am until 3.00pm and includes lunch and refreshments. All the ingredients and equipment for the day will be provided.
You will need:
- Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is Matt’s camera phone of choice and is the one he will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
- A FULL BATTERY (a back-up battery pack would be ideal and/or a charger cable, just in case)
- Access to an Instagram account to which you can publish a few results on the day would be ideal
- The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful
For more information see our Cookery School FAQ’s. Book online below or call us for more information. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed through our online booking system, to book a place please call 01728 862062 or email email@example.com.
Occasionally we may have to cancel or postpone a course due to unavoidable circumstances or if a course is under-subscribed. In such a case we will notify all confirmed attendees as soon as possible and offer full refunds or change of course.